Sunday 30 October 2011

Shaft: Inspiration for Ultimate Nick Fury

Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury (left) and John Shaft (right)

I remember watching Shaft the movie many years back, which starred the Samuel L. Jackson. When I read the Ultimates comics, I recalled thinking "Hey haven't I seen this look before somewhere...".

Well recently I got my hands on a copy of the movie again, and comparing it with the appearances of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury in the recent Marvel movies, and I have to say the resemblance is dead-on (of course minus the eye patch). 

Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury (left) and John Shaft (right)
I think Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch definitely got their inspiration for Nick Fury's Ultimate look from John Shaft.

[Read More about The Ultimates Comic: Inspiration for The Avengers Movie & Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill in The Avengers]

No comments:

Post a Comment